The Chippenham Harriers invite and welcome all runners to the beautiful village of Lacock in Wiltshire for our ever popular Lacock Relays.
The Lacock Relays is an open event for runners of all abilities regardless of club (or not!), our summer series of relay races return in 2023, during the high summer months for a series of evening runs in May, June, July and the finale in August.
Each relay team consists of runners with mixed predicted finish times, allocated as Slow, Medium or Fast.
Teams are organised on the night, with NO prebooking required – turn up, pay and run. Prizes of a drink and crisps in The Red Lion goes to the fastest teams.
All you have to do is turn up with the £2 entry fee, be prepared to run 2.6 miles around the beautiful Lacock, have a whale of time, cheer on your fellow runners & perhaps stay for some refreshment in the Red Lion afterwards.
Dates for 2023 are:
TUESDAY, 23rd MAY 2023completed TUESDAY, 27th JUNE 2023completed TUESDAY, 25th JULY 2023completed check the results page for the 2023 results so far
- TUESDAY, 22nd AUGUST 2023 FROM 18:15-20:30 Handicap (you must have completed one of the previous months)
Important detail: The race is on open roads with no marshals.
A reminder that the use of headphones is strictly not permitted in any Chippenham Harriers Races.
- The use of headphones is strictly not permitted in any Chippenham Harriers Races
- Min age is 14.
- Runners aged 14-17 must turn up with a responsible adult, though the adult does not have to run.
- Participation in the Finale – August Handicap Race, you must have recorded a time in at least one of the May, June, or July races.
- Registration to be completed by 7pm so teams can be generated using our magic formula
- Racing starting around 7:30.
Please park considerately/lift share/cycle. The amount of sunshine available is out of our control.