Chippenham Harriers is a friendly running club that welcomes runners of all abilities. This page explains where your membership fees go and the benefits of joining.
Where does your money go?
The Chippenham Harriers membership fee structure is determined by the fees payable to the Sports Club and England Athletics. The Sports Club reduces the fees we pay to them on a pro-rata basis, in accordance with its own membership year. As a result of this, the Chippenham Harriers membership fee reduces on 1 October. England Athletics, however, do not facilitate pro-rata fees regardless of the date on which you become a member. Chippenham Harriers makes minimal funds from membership fees.
Following a change to the club constitution at the 2017 AGM, the club’s membership year was changed in order to align with the Sports Club’s membership year. The membership year now runs from 1 April to 31 March. Members have until 30 April to renew their membership.
The fees payable throughout the current membership year are as follows:
Club membership begins on the 1st April 2023 through to 31st March 2024
|England Athletics||Sports Club||Harriers Membership Fee*|
Next Club membership year begins 1st April 2023
*Fees payable are decided at the AGM
What benefits do you gain as a club member?
- Membership of Chippenham Sports Club and use of facilities including showers, discounted hire of the sports dome, free use of meeting rooms and free parking
- Membership of England Athletics, which in turn offers other benefits including
- Exclusive offers and discounts from a range of England Athletics’ commercial partners, including DW Fitness First, InterContinental Hotels Group and AfterShokz, via The Edge newsletter – these are only available to England Athletics’ registered athletes
- Training sessions run by the club’s qualified coaches
- The opportunity to take part in a wide variety of sociable training runs
- Discounts at many running and athletic shops (proof of membership may be required)
- Access to our Members Only Facebook group
I’m new to the club, which sessions would be best for me?
- We advise new members who are new to running to attend the next Beginners’ Programme.
- If you are already able to run around 5k and would like a bit of support to increase your running distance, then we suggest a Friday night.
- If you can run five miles, then Thursday nights may be a good place to start, but there are also longer runs available most Friday nights.
- For those looking to improve their pace either for specific events or just in general, the Tuesday nights’ efforts sessions will be beneficial.
- Take a look at our club schedule for more information.
How will my information be used?
- The club will use details you provide to contact you about your membership and other club matters, but will not pass your details on to any third parties, except for England Athletics (to register you) and Chippenham Sports Club (to register you as a member of the Harriers section).
- When you become a member or renew your membership with Chippenham Harriers, you will automatically be registered as a member of England Athletics. We will provide England Athletics with your personal data to set up your myAthletics portal (which, amongst other things, allows you to set and amend your privacy settings).
- If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with England Athletics, please contact .
- When you become a member or renew your membership with Chippenham Harriers, you agree to abide by the UK Athletics Codes of Conduct.
Is there anything else I should know?
- Under current England Athletics rules, a person is not permitted to enter races as an affiliated Club member until full membership has been paid.
- The Chippenham Harriers Youth membership fee also includes the weekly cost of hiring the Sports Dome, which is not mentioned in the above table.