The Chippenham Harriers 2022 Club Championships will begin soon and we are happy to announce the initial races and format. We are going to stick with selected WRRL and WORL (Wiltshire Road and Off-Road League) races and add the parkrun element.
Race #1 Best parkrun time 2022 (Jan 8th to Nov 26th incl.)
Race #2 Lungbuster – 6th February 2022
Race #3 SmarTT Smasher – 13th February 2022
- Race #4 Calne Clock Change Challenge – 27th March 2022
- Race #5 Highworth 5 mile – 10th April 2022
- Race #6 Lacock 10k – 26th Jun 2022
- Race #7 Compton Bassett – sometime in August 2022
- Race #8 Malmesbury 10k – 3rd September 2022
- Race #9 Devizes 10k – 25th September 2022
- Race #10 Race #1 of Wiltshire Off-Road League (WORL)
- Race #11 Race #2 of WORL
- Race #12 Best submitted Half Marathon time – up to last day of November
For parkrun, please can you all ensure you are registered as Chippenham Harriers. This will mean we can pick up the timings more easily and promote our club. Otherwise, send the location/date and your name to
Best Half Marathon
Rules are published on the website and can be found from the menu under Club Championships, in summary there will be the usual two categories (with slight adjustment) and the two age adjusted categories.
Points will be based on relative position in each race amongst fellow club members starting at 30 points for 1st, down to no less than 5 points for finishing. Points are accumulated for each race and assuming you complete all races the worst two scores will be dropped. So you do not have to enter all races to get maximum points.
If you do not wish to be in the Championship for any reason, please message me or contact the committee. You will need to be a paid club member at the end of the season to be eligible for a prize.
We look forward to seeing you all at the races! (and parkrun)